I have to be honest. Sometimes working at home is really hard.
Personally I have decided to build my business while I am home with my kids. I know there are many women who aren’t ‘work at home’ moms… But today I want to focus my thoughts and feelings specifically to those women who are mom’s at home full time and also working to building their businesses.
It’s hard sometimes you know? I have people to call, I have emails to write, I have forms I need to finish, I have training that needs to be done… all thewhile my son is crying, teething, needing ‘mommy’ and pulling on my arm. How does one balance it all while being a TRUE mom – focusing on your kids – AND building a business?
This is a question that I am asked a lot lately. ‘How are you really finding time to build this business while being a full time mom at the same time?’. So let’s talk down and dirty about things that every ‘work at home’ mom is going to experience. Just know you are normal:
- Someone will call you while you are cleaning up around the high chair and your son just throws up on you while on the phone.
- There will be times when you will find yourself irritated with your kid(s) because they are getting in the ‘way’.
- Your schedule will get milk spilled on it and you will find yourself double-booking appointments because you forgot to rewrite them down.
- There will be dishes in the sink and laundry on the couch longer than you want it to be there.
- You will ask yourself,”Holy Crap – what am I doing all this for? I am going crazy!”
So how do you deal with it? How do you really stay balanced and focused on your family WHILE building a business? I would suggest these 5 things. These are NOT the ‘end all be all’ solutions, but I find when I do these 5 things it helps me immensely: